Dr. Ebenezer Aluma is a physician assistant who believes that successful outcomes in psychiatric care are based on a provider-patient relationship that is characterized by honest communication, mutual respect, trust, compassion, and empathy. He is committed to providing the highest quality of care at each patient-provider encounter. He is particularly interested in expanding healthcare access to underserved communities.
Dr. Aluma has been practicing psychiatry since 2015 in a variety of settings. His psychiatric work experience includes outpatient child and adolescent psychiatry, inpatient child and adolescent psychiatry, outpatient adult psychiatry and inpatient adult psychiatry. He also works in addiction medicine and has experience working in primary care and urgent care medicine across the lifespan. His credentials include the following:
- Bachelors degree in Zoology from the University of Lagos, Nigeria
- Masters degree in Physician Assistant Studies from Ohio Dominican University, Columbus, Ohio
- Doctor of Philosophy in Biological Sciences from Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
- NCCPA Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ) in Psychiatry, Board Certified, with 2000 hours practicing in the specialty
- Extensive teaching appointments and experience in various disciplines at University level
- Author of peer-reviewed journal articles, journal bulletins and a published dissertation in the biological sciences